Sarva Vidyalaya Kelavni Mandal, Kadi was established in 1919 by the social reformer and patron of education venerable Shri Chhaganlal Pitambardas Patel, popularly known as “Chhaganbha”. The chanting mantra “Kar Bhala Hoga Bhala”, conceptualized by Shri Chhaganbha, is the guiding spirit of the institution and is well reflected in the broad activities pursued by the trust. Since decades, this institute has revolutionized the society by continuously providing very effective education. Committed to the cause of service for the nation, this institute has expanded its scope, in step to the need of the time, up to Gandhinagar. With glorious history of 94 years, Sarva Vidyalaya Kelavni Mandal is one of the oldest educational trusts of India.
The trust runs various schools at primary, secondary and higher secondary level and offers various electives like science, arts and commerce etc. At graduate level, the trust has established institutes which are offering vocational, professional and main stream courses like B.Sc, BA, B.Com, MAM, MCM, B.Ed, PTC, ITI etc. From last two decades, the trust has started professional programs like MBA, MCA, BE, B.Pharm, Nursing etc. to serve society in better way.
Apart from imparting basic education, the trust is very keen to produce socially responsible citizens of the nation. It has commenced various co-curricular activities to engage students in overall development of their character. The trust works scrupulously to develop attitude, knowledge and skill amongst the younger citizens of the country.
Father of Nation, Mahatma Gandhi had visited this Campus in 1929 and communicated one message to the society that “Provide opportunity to your Children to get best education at Sarva Vidyalaya”. Sir Sayajirao III had visited the campus in 1926 and announced donation of Rs. 3000/- per year to Sarva Vidyalaya.
The Trust is being governed by Alumni who have studied in various schools and colleges and are occupying prominent positions. Government of Gujarat has granted a total land of 1, 32,000 Sq.m for development of Schools and Colleges in Gandhinagar.
The Trust offers many common facilities like Transportation, common play ground and centrally AC library. It has state of the art conference hall with in- built sound system and projector. There is also “Sanskar Bhavan” for various cultural activities.
Philanthropy in its true sense
- The admissions of the students in all the constituent colleges of the trust takes place through either centralized process of admission or on the basis of merit. There is no management quota maintained by the trust.
- The Trust manages a “GAUSHALA” which provides pure cow milk to students of hostels at subsidized rate.
- 10% of students over and above the approved intake are being provided education free of cost under Fee waiver scheme announced by AICTE. In addition to this, the Trust provides financial support to poor and needy students.
- The trust has announced R&D Scheme worth Rs.1 Core out of which Rs 69 lacs have been already disbursed to various constituent colleges. Under this scheme, 59 Projects are in progress and 3 completed projects have received the grant.
- The Trust has announced the Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme in Professional Courses like Engineering, Diploma Engineering and Pharmacy.
- The Trust has disbursed the Merit Scholarship to meritorious students to the extent of Rs.83, 00,000 in 2011-12 and fee waiver to needy students in both Tuition and Hostel Fees of Rs. 65, 00,000 in 2012-13
- The Trust has adopted 14 Anganvadis with 452 students in Pethapur, Gandhinagar. It also provides infrastructure for all NGO’s and social activities at Free of Cost.
The SVKM trust manages four campuses: one at Kadi and three at Gandhinagar. All the campuses are covered with lush green atmosphere with the help of beautiful gardens with lot of trees and plants. The campuses are illuminated with beautiful lights during the nights. In totality, 54,000 students studies in both of the campuses. Currently about 54,000 students pursue their study in various institutions under the umbrella of SVKM at three different campuses at Gandhinagar & Kadi. About 18000 students pursue their study in various course namely BBA, BCA, PGDCA, B.Com, B.A, BSC, MSC –IT, B.Ed, M.Ed, MAM, MCA and Guajarati & English medium schools etc at Kadi campus and 36000 students are studying at Gandhinagar campus.
The Kadi campus offers various courses like MBA, MCA, M.Sc. IT, CA & IT, BBA, BCA, PGDCA, MAM, B.Sc (Bio-Technology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Mathematics), M Sc (Environment Science Bio-Technology, Microbiology), B. Com (Gujarati & English Medium), PTC and B.Ed etc. The campus also runs UPSC training center for the potential candidates.
The Gandhinagar campus offers all the courses as mentioned above. Apart from this, it offers various graduate and post graduate courses in Pharmacy, Engineering and Nursing. It also runs the professional courses like CA-CPT and CS. The campus also offers doctoral courses in various disciplines.
A personally dedicated to you
Shree Vallabhbhai M. Patel
I would like to thank you all for trusting us over the years now. As the trust enters its centenary year, I, on behalf of Sarva Vidyalaya Kelavni Mandal and Women Entrepreneurship Cell would like to welcome one and all to come and be a part of our endeavor for making our children better citizens of tomorrow.